Sunday 14 October 2012

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in posts, it's been far too long since my last post in June, and I promise to keep the blog more updated moving forward.  I promise!!

As a typical painter I have flitted around various periods, such as modern Afghanistan by painting a few Eureka US Marines and completing my US Special Forces figures by Baker Company.  But a blog that I follow has drawn me back into the Zulu War period once again.
If you haven't seen it I recommend that you visit Wargaming with Silver Whistle, it's well worth a look.

I am nearly finnished painting another three figures from the Rorke's Drift Defenders set from Empress, and have one eye on 30 or so Zulus that are on my bench.  I'm not really looking forward to those and could do with a receipe for painting lots of them quickly!!

Anyway just a quick couple of photos showing the completed Special Forces figures.  I wish I could sort out how to allow people to leave comments and make this blog a littel more interactive.

Cheers all

Andy

5EEDF8D9-7EF5-481F-B869-91F0354E361C-215-0000000F25EC6F23

C38BACB9-B606-488F-9C56-9C43ABCD6917-215-0000000F1C325E1E

3 comments:

  1. Just checking the comments section works!!

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy, and thanks very much for the plug with my blog.
    The camo on your modern stuff looks great and you have a superb painting style. Your Zulu War collection looks pure quality but you may have to drop your standard a little when you are painting all those hundreds of Zulus. To your question on painting red, I have left a reply on my blog but I think it should be me asking you, not you asking me how to paint.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat,

    Many thanks for the comment, I've been desperatly trying to get people to leave comments!!!
    I hear you regarding my painting standards. I think I'm a bit of a control freak! I can't seem to lower the standards, even when I try!!

    ReplyDelete